Our mission is to cultivate lifelong learning and exploration to enrich our community, schools, and economy through creativity, conversation, and collaboration.
We envision a vibrant and sustainable community that is supportive of the arts, education, and culture. We envision a community that has a strong sense of place and is active with varied outlets for recreation. We envision an integrated and multi-generational community that is welcoming to families and kids and where our elderly are able to age with dignity. We envision a community and a world where the wisdom needed to bridge barriers, and change lives for the better, begins with a sense of wonder.
To accomplish our mission and realize our vision, we strive to build an interdependent supportive community in which people from diverse social, cultural, racial, spiritual, and economic backgrounds are empowered to find common ground.
Come join in our work, play, and dreams for today and the future!
Our Core Values
- WonderArts provides high-quality life-enriching experiences based on children's and seniors' interests. We believe that bodies, brains, and beings grow in confidence and abilities as we learn together through doing, being, and creating.
- WonderArts is staffed and led by listening and caring adults who are dedicated to building/fostering in children/seniors a sense of belonging and of full potential.
- Through activities, outings, and seasonal celebrations, WonderArts facilitates experiences for children and seniors that support health, wholeness, and well-being.
- Our staff and programs guide children and seniors to explore, experience, and understand the unique natural areas and communities where we live.
- We inspire playfulness, creativity, and imagination in children and seniors, helping each age group to discover their interests and passions. Laughter and fun are part of our work.
- WonderArts staff work as a supportive team and participate in frequent professional development opportunities. Our practices as after school, summer camp, and elder enrichment professionals are forward-thinking, and ever-evolving and improving.
- WonderArts brings people from diverse cultural, social, and economic backgrounds together at a common table for programs, friendship, community, and meals.
- Our work embodies respect and often advocacy for all ages, and is achieved through inter-generational activities, community support, and interdependent community partnerships.