Art on Campus is part of the WonderArts Vermont community enrichment programming, through which WonderArts curates exhibitions on the Sterling College campus in Craftsbury Common, Vermont. Throughout the year, the Admissions Office foyer, the Brown Library, and the Common House each feature five to six exhibitions of regional artwork. These shows, as well as the accompanying artist talks and receptions, are open to the community and have become a celebrated feature of the Sterling College campus.
- Provide an opportunity for local and regional (Vermont, New Hampshire + Maine) artists to exhibit their work in our community
- Bring artwork to the Sterling College campus to spark inspiration, encourage conversation, highlight Sterling’s values and celebrate creativity
- Foster community through artist talks and exhibition receptions
- Support artists and the local economy through art sales
If you would like to exhibit work, please email email@example.com and include:
- • 3-5 images (representative of the art to be displayed)
- • an accompanying image list with title, media, and dimensions
- • a brief statement about the work
Artists of any age are encouraged to apply, but must live in, or have meaningful ties to Vermont, New Hampshire, or Maine. Preference will be given to artworks that align with, address, or relate to Sterling College’s values, such as environmental stewardship, responsible agriculture, experiential education, and/or celebrate rural community or the New England landscape.
Artwork may be either 2- or 3-dimensional, however it must be attached to the wall and protrude no more than six inches from the wall. Artwork does not need to be framed, but should be displayed in a thoughtful manner.
Please price artwork for sale, or mark as NFS. Prospective buyers will be directed to the artist, and artwork sales will by handled by the artist. It is expected that 20% of artwork sales will be donated to Sterling College at the end of the exhibition.